How mobile, data, and innovation will dictate which travel companies grow
Mobile and analytics has given all the players in the travel space the ability to service and sell right throuigh the travel exepriance. Top SVP's or C level execs from the world's biggest airlines, hotels, intermediaries, innovators, airports and transport providers explain how they plan to use mobile and analytics to understand their consumer needs, communicate more effectively and increase the revenues their travel products can produce.
10:00 Session 1 Get the inside information on how OTA's, tour operators and intermediaries are exploiting analytics and mobile to grow
- The operational efficiencies - Mobile has made the business of travelling easier. Intermediaries can streamline customer services and still provide excellent service to their customers.
- The business opportunities - As the industry's most focused marketing organisations intermediaries have been fast to invest in mobile and data. Companies such as Priceline's Booking.com has seen some incredible growth. Can the industry become seen as a trusted adviser and increase the services they offer?
- The threats- Can travel suppliers use the mobile to build a relationship with the traveller that is so good they bypass the intermediary. Will device providers or search engines use the growth of mobile and consumer buying behaviour to get into this lucrative sector. What is the role of retail in a mobile world?
- The future - Is Priceline's recent investment in Top table an indication that this section of the industry will soon be using mobile and personalisation to distribute the on-trip travel products such as tours and activities or restaurants?
Leave this session empowered with the knowledge of how the top mobile innovators in the industry are growing and if you are a supplier how you can work with them
eDreams Odigeo Group
Senior Vice President of Retail
Industry Manager, Travel
11:15 Coffee Break
11:45 Session 2 How mobile and data will change how hotels, resorts and accommodation providers work
- The operational efficiencies - from making your loyalty program more personalised (and therefore rewarding) to driving cost savings by reducing the demand for the check in desk to location enabled hotel bookings. Combining mobile and data analytics can save hotel millions. Where should you prioritise your spend?
- The business opportunities - How much the hospitality sector can influence the spend of their guests is a key to assessing how large the mobile and data enabled business opportunity is for hotels. Tech savvy hotels casinos influence the spend of guests in their properties with clever location based technology and mobile communication. Can hotels become mobile concierges and do this for a whole destination?
- The threats- The growth of mobile bookings has taken avaluable chunk of last minute hotel bookings from the hotel and placed it right into the hands of mobile and location savvy online travel agencies.... Who charge a fee! Can hotels do the same?
- The future - Ontrip spend is a unstructured goldmine for anyone that can gain the trust and so the year of the consumer. Tours and activities and restaurants are already sold by concierges... can this income go straight to the property?
The brand's mobile web and mobile app experiences has to be visually rich, offer super-fast navigation and seamless booking. Mobile has become a personalised channel in which travel companies can create a truly memorable experience for their user... easy to say but how do you do it?
President and General Manager, Sabre Hospitality Solutions
Officer, Sabre Corporation
Senior Vice President Commercial Strategy & Pricing
Citizen M Hotels
13:00 Networking Lunch - Please note due to a lack of space at MWC we cannot provide lunch. Eateries are close by the conference room.
14:30 Session 3: Understand the impact of analytics and mobile for airlines, airports, trains and transport suppliers
- The operational efficiencies - from beacons to mobile tickets and boarding passes to driving up passenger retail to making sure delays are reduced .. mobile is improving transport providers operational efficiency massively. How does mobile behaviour across differ between countries and regions and how much international transport providers account for this?
- The business opportunities - Transport providers have superb access to millions of potential customers as they travel. The mobile should allow a personalised conversation that will grow trust and increase opportunities to provide more services and products. How can transport providers use data and to drive more varied ancillaryrevenues. Finally can transport providers inspire people to travel more via mobile?
- The threats - The growth ofMobile bookings is hindering complex bookings and the ancillary revenues they drive in their tracks. The lack of advertising space on a mobile screen also means that airlines now have a fight maintaining their position as a great advertising platform for travel products lower in the online buying process. What steps can you take to ensure these valuable revenues are protected?
- The future - Consumer's booking via their mobile played a role in finally changing the incredibly successful Ryanair website... What else will it deliver?
How transport providers embrace mobile technology apply analytics and innovate in the next few years will have huge impacts on their value. Attend this session to hear how you can maintain your profitability.
E&M Commerce Director
Commercial Passenger Services Director
Head of IT Innovation & Exploitation, Information Technology
15:45 Coffee Break
16:00 Session 4 Mobile and data use by the experts in travel - peer2peer, meta search and the massive media players
After years of ignoring Air BnB finally the hotel industry sees it as threat.... Companies such as Skyscanner return annual reports most far bigger travel companies would kill for..... Booking.com is reported as being one of Google's biggest customers but ask any senior travel exec what threatens their bottom line and they say Google..... What has Airbnb, Google and Skycaner got in common? A grasp on data that is ahead of the curve and an ability to move fast and innovate in mobile. Learn from three senior experts about where they see the opportunities threats and curve balls are in the travel space.
5:30 Conference ends - Either fly to Berlin for ITB or relax in beautiful Barcelona and enjoy 3 more days at the awesome Mobile World Congress.
International: +44 (0)207 375 4350
US Toll Free: 1.800.814.3459 ext. 4350