2015's Conference Agenda
Day One Day Two
DAY ONE June 2nd 2015
9:00-10.00 Speed Networking: Who are you, what do you do, where do you work?
10.00 - 10.30 Coffee Break
10.30 -11.30am Keynote: The Changing Online Marketing Landscape in The Americas and Caribbean
- Focusing on ‘the brand’, explore the cause and effect of the consumer changing their travel habits and how this is affecting strategic decisions
- Consumer trends in Latin America & the Caribbean, learn how brands are overcoming fragmentation and infrastruture issues
- Explore the latest trends in online travel which will boost conversions and make your website 'sticky'
- Increase consumer trust through intelligent online marketing strategies
Mathias Friess, CEO, Webjet
11.30 - 12.00pm Who is the New Connected Travel Consumer in 2016, in The Americas & Caribbean?
- How has the travel consumer in the Caribbean and Americas changed over the last 12 months?
- What new trends are making the consumer change their travel habits?
Guillermo Fretes, VP Mobile Business, Despegar.com
12.00 - 12.30pm The Attributes of your Target Audience and how to reach them
- Discuss the attributes of the two main but vastly different audiences: Millennials and Baby Boomers
- The Advent of the Experiential Traveller: Is the craving for travel experiences overshadowing the power of the hotel brand?
Dwight Sholes, Senior Strategist-Travel, Return Path Inc.
12.30 - 1.00pm Panel Discussion: The Personal Local Experience
Debate: ‘Well-travelled consumers actively avoid any type of generic travel experience more commonly provided by larger travel brands’
- In hospitality, is boutique the magic wand for travel experiences, personal touch and loyalty?
- In the airline industry: does ‘smaller and cooler’ equal a better travel experience?
Nerdin St. Rose, Worldwide Marketing Consultant, BVI Tourism (British Virgin Islands)
1.00-1.10pm Chairman Summary & Lessons Learned
1.10 - 2.30pm Lunch & Networking Break
|Online Marketing Track
||Social Media Track
|2.30 - 3.30pm Best practices to allocate your marketing dollars for brands in the Americas & Caribbean
||2.30 - 3.00pm Understanding your Multi-Channel Social Strategy
Alvaro Sostin, Managing Partner, Art2Travel SpA
- The value of online marketing: Explore Digital vs. Traditional Advertising. Explore the importance of embracing online and mobile
- Payments: How can brands overcome the challenges which fragmentation and lack of infrastructure present
- Fragmentation in the region, coupled with infrastructure limitations – how can brands tackle these challenges
With Twitter enabling ad-targeting based on mobile app actions, Instagram moving past twitter in terms of no. of active users (and higher engagement) and Facebook targeting posts according to peoples interests, it is important that travel brands now understand what each channel offers to reach specific goals.
- As your brand’s presence can be fragmented through a number of social media channels, where should you be placing your time, energy and budget to optimize your efforts?
- Leverage the individual and unique strenghts of different social media channels
Frederic Gonzalo, Marketing Consultant, Gonzo Marketing
Pleasance Coddington, Group Head of Content and Social Media, Momondo Group
|3.00-3.30pm Are brands ‘doing better’ in getting an ROI from Social Media?
‘Social Media’ has been the buzz word for the past few years. Travel brands are now beginning to see measurable results through social media initiatives. But are they yet proving a real ROI?
- Explore the different measurables through successful social media initiatives
- Learn how travel brands have attracted business through social media campaigns and how they measured this against their investment
- To what extent should brands be investing in social media - hear benchmark KPIs and goals which you need to be using
Robecta Ma, Partnerships and E-Commerce Manager, Cathay Pacific Airways
|3.30-4.00pm Coffee and Networking Break
|4.00 - 4.40pm How selling your brand through storytelling has changed in 2015-2016
||4.00 - 4.30pm Social Data: Case study
Humans process images 60x faster than words. Travel brands need to show, not tell, and use images for more compelling content. A well-told story can engage customers in a much more memorable way
- Discover how you can use digital marketing to convey what the experience of your travel brand will be like
- Explore ways to publish the whole experience
- Dissect consumer behavior and reactions to past 'brand story' campaigns
Simon Bradley, Vice President Marketing, Americas, Virgin Atlantic Airways
Sabrina Cendral, VP Marketing North America, Club Med US
Jeff Flores, Head of Travel, Twitter
- How can brands migrate the data from social media channels so that they own it?
- Explore a case study by Flight Centre Group and how are brands making the migration of customers from social to owned channels
Gregg Tilston, Global Social Media Leader, Senior Digital Marketer, Flight Centre
|4.40 - 5.00pm Learn how you can use data to inspire consumer trust
||4.30 - 5.00pm The DOs and DON’Ts of Social Media: Hear creative ways to engage travel customers
Google measures over 540 million social actions taken every day. What's more, 78% of travel consumers say that a travel brand's social media presence has directly influenced their purchasing decisions, and 72% of travel consumers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Learn how you can use social media and reviews to inspire trust
- Explore how digitally-born and P2P players (such as Airbnb) are winning in this trends and how you can use your data to gain success in the same way
- Learn how you can piece together cross-device interactions to ensure you follow up with the customer real-time (via mobile-friendly) communications, to boost conversions
Social media is still a highly experimental and creative medium. Travel brands are entering a phase where initiatives are measurable and they can compare what went well, what didn’t, and why.
- We bring you the best trials and errors leading in to 2015 to explore and measure the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Analyze the outstanding success of certain case studies and learn how to apply key strategies to your own campaigns
Melisse Hinkle, Head of Content and Social Media, North America, Cheapflights.com
|5.00-7.00pm Networking Drinks & Canapés
Day One Day Two
DAY TWO June 3rd 2015
9:00-10.30am Keynote: Cross-Platform and UX Essential Update
50% of leisure consumers will access travel via a non-desktop device. The ultimate goal for travel marketers is removing the friction from the travel consumer research & booking process, as they move from desktop to mobile to tablet... easy to say but how on earth do you do it?
- Product design and usability: How do OTAs, Airlines and Hotels tackle this issue?
- Many customers start on a phone and finish on a laptop. How does your product fare across multiple screens and from inspiration to commerce?
- Analyze if you should invest more in members and subscribers so you can drive cross device service
- Does your content carry across a smart personalization engine?
- Discover further benefits of optimizing your website and it’s media to give the consumer an on the go experience
Rob Torres, Managing Director, Travel, Google
10.30 - 11.00am Coffee & Networking Break
11.00 - 12.30pm Personalization, Retargeting and Re-Marketing
- Retargeting is becoming increasingly more effective. Find out how other marketers in travel are re-engaging the customer with personalized retargeting
- Google Ads: how does it actually work?
- What are the opportunities to better customize the message in terms of location of the customer?
Gregory Stiller, Customer Insight, Digital, JetBlue Airways
Edita Matic, Regional Director of Revenue Management, Highgate Hotels
Josh Jurrens, Digital Marketing Associate, DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co.
12.30 - 2.00pm Lunch and Networking
Content & Analytics Track
|2.00 - 3.00pm Content - Get it Right
||2.00 - 3.00pm Understand How Mobile is Turning Search on its Head
- Innovators discuss creating and curating content that will up your search performance through the mobile device
- Learn how to utilize dynamic content personalization to engage and retain customers and boost conversions and website bookings
- Overcome the challenge of balancing organic vs branded vs promotional vs user-generated content
- The importance of video: are you doing it right yet?
Uwe Wagner, Senior Marketing Instructor, Cornell University
Sara O’Brien, Senior Marketing Manager, HeBS Digital
|In the new mobile- enabled world, consumers no longer go straight to Google to start their travel search. Learn how to adapt your search strategy and avoid losing your customers
- Understand the new rules of travel search via mobile. How do they differ via tablet?
- What are the pros and cons of mobile advertising?
- Are customers more likely to purchase from you if they start their search on a browser rather than an app?
- Learn how to adapt your search strategy to the context and location of the customer’s search query
Bryan Lip, Senior Director Partnerships & Global Head of Search, Expedia Inc
Erin Lyda, Account Executive, Google
|3.00 - 3.30pm Programmatic Creative Lessons for Travel Marketers
||3.00 - 3.30pm How to Create the Optimal Mobile Experience on a Budget
- Leverage programmatic creative technology to get ahead of the competition
- Programmatic creative applied to travel marketers of all sizes and budgets
- Case Study: how Alaska Airlines leverages programmatic creative technology to execute optimized campaigns
- Discover how small to mid-sized travel marketers can operate like their own internal ad agencies
Angela Bostick, Associate Dean of Marketing and Communications, Emory University Goizueta Business School
Jeff Hirsch, President, CPXi
- Many brands find it difficult to know how much budget to allocate or move to Mobile. Learn how independent brands on a small budget can implement an effective mobile strategy
- Step-by-step guide to assessing your current website and the key changes which need to be made to optimize your strategy
- Learn the essential top priorities you need to think about investing in from technology to data collection, in order to make an effective and successful move to a more mobile-engaging travel brand
- How the next-generation start-ups do it: What are they streamlining and how do younger brands implement technology on a shoe-string budget?
|3.30 - 4.15pm The Hotelier Advantage:Data!
||3.30- 4.15 A-Z on Apps - Who Should be Investing in Apps, Why & How?
OTAs have relatively “small data” about guest on-trip behaviour, which presents a huge loyalty advantage for travel brands. Hear who is effectively exploiting this and what their secret is
- Where are hotels losing out? Will legacy systems prevent them from being able to provide the nimble digital strategy that customers demand?
- Learn how brands, big or small, can collect data about the customer in the most effective way
- Discover how to utilize this data in your marketing programs to boost sales and customer loyalty
Dan Roy, CEO, MessageGears
- Who should be investing in an App vs mobile site? Explore the value of apps to different travel business models across the travel landscape
- Explore consumer behaviour and how can you encourage consumers to actively use your app
- Effectively advertise and promote your app so that it is download and used repeatedly
Stas Pietrucha, VP Online Marketing, Global eCommerce, Wyndham Worldwide
|4.15pm Day Two conference concludes
Receive more details straight to your inbox, as well as relevant presentations and white papers.