The 2018 Agenda
Start Up Agenda and Timings coming soon. Head to the Start-Up Awards 2018 for more info
- The future big guns - what is the potential of voice, AI & machine learning in transforming your digital strategy?
- The technology wave: Where should you invest, and how can you measure the effectiveness of your strategy?
- The digital age has elevated customer expectations - ensure a customer-centric business that competes in the digital age
Sam MacDonnell Chief Technology Officer HotelTonight
Dan Christian Chief Digital Officer The Travel Corporation
Christina Heggie Investment Principal Jet Blue Technology Ventures
- AI for travel planning vs customer service - what parts of the workflow can be automated in an end to end customer journey?
- Customers + wealth of information - How are travel brands creating data sets that hold real value? Using AI to unlock the secrets of the traveller’s behavior
- The role of data and contextual computing in identifying touchpoints - curate experiences around those key moments and truly engage
Jay Fluegel Head of Product - Customer Care Expedia
- Dive deeper into analytics to improve targeting and understanding of customer behaviour
- Chop and change your offering to directly appeal to your customer - understand customer likes, dislikes and preferences - use data and knowledge to provide a personalized and unique experience
- Create personalized interactions between the customer and your brand at every stage of the travel lifecycle
Gilad Berenstein CEO Utrip
- The changing nature of alternative lodging and the rise of new players - what does the current consumer consumption model look like?
- The role of technology in refining the customer experience and driving loyalty - how are consumers operating and responding in a digital savvy world and how are companies like Vacasa and OneFineStay engaging with their customers?
- The future of the hotel - how can hotels change and adapt? What will the impact of the notion of the decentralized, fluid, alternative hotel world hold?
Tim Goodwin Chief Technology Officer Vacasa
Reda Berrehili Chief Technology Officer OneFineStay
Michelle Gilman Jasen Regional Director of Sales & Marketing Accor Hotels
- Leverage the speed, scale, and intelligence of machine learning to build complete, unified customer profiles that travel brands can action on -- in just a few weeks
- Amperity's plug and play technology - fuel your existing systems with unified customer data for enhanced personalization and customer experiences
- Incorporate machine learning and drive significant increases in revenue and customer loyalty, as well as decreasing costs
Stuart Greif Practice Lead - Travel & Hospitality Amperity (previously Microsoft lead)
- The intersection between technology, digital and physical - look through the lenses and identify the customer problem from the get-go
- Digital disruption in the age of the connected traveller - branding and relevant communication; learn how to successfully cut through the noise
- Be a digital detective; multi touch attribution, instead of last touch - gain a deeper understanding of your customer to provide an exceptional experience
- Adopting the simple measures and processes to personalize and drive loyalty
Bill Ramsey Senior Director - Mobile & Emerging Channels Choice Hotels
Brand Building in the Digital Age: The Role of Storytelling in Today’s Customer Journey
- How can you focus on brand building in the fragmented marketing and media landscape lead to increased brand love, loyalty and, ultimately, sales and market share?
- Explore the roles of purpose-led brands, advanced targeting and dynamic messaging
- Successfully build a seamless customer journey in marketing today
Amy Martin Ziegenfuss VP - Global Marketing Hilton
- A brief background on blockchain and an explanation on how smart contracts work
- Centralized vs. Decentralized - what are the differences?
- Practical examples of blockchain in use and the opportunities in travel
Pedro Renaud Anderson Founder Winding Tree
- Successfully engage with your digitally distracted audience - effective and relevant messaging to the right person at the right place and right time
- Own big data to personalize and engage with programmatic marketing and digital offers - provide a contextual experience for customers across all devices
- The role of predictive analytics in your marketing strategy - create a relationship with your customers and develop brand loyalty
Marco Fanton Global Director of Marketing Melia Hotels International
- How can you successfully engage with your customers in a mobile-first environment - master cross device personalization
- Learn some of the mobile trade secrets to connecting with and converting your customers
- Inspiring loyalty through the mobile device - how can you engage to keep them coming back?
- Practical applications to leverage AI - how can AI be incorporated into your marketing and social media strategies?
- AI as a tool to predict behaviours and buying patterns - pursue disruptive insights to ensure personalized interaction
- Developing the relevant content for your audience and drive customer engagement
Gurmeet Lamba COO Sentient Technologies
- Understanding lodging industry performance and its strength versus the previous peak
- Reviewing key economic activity that is driving increased demand for lodging
- Looking into the future; trends and data to watch
Isaac Collazo VP - Performance Strategy & Planning IHG
- The shift of advertising to mobile and video in the current environment
- What is the role of these tools in engaging with customers?
- Strategies to better leverage Facebook
Will Farnan Client Partner - Travel Suppliers Facebook
- Understanding consumer buying trends and the growth in different markets - defining the value of a guest at any given moment
- The behavioural sciences associated with travel shopping: What tools and platforms are customers using, and what are the factors encouraging people to book?
- How are hoteliers using data and analytics to make decisions and market effectively?
- Being truly consumer-driven - the role of AI in aggregating data and enabling personalization
Steven ConsiglioProduct Performance Manager
Ron Stevenson Director E-Commerce Davidson Hotels & Resorts
Carlos Sanchez Senior Manager - Big Data Analytics Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Harness the power of your influencer engagement strategy
- Leverage UGC to provide a unique and useful experience
- What role can dynamic content play in the smart targeting of customers and effective customer service?
Valerie Windsor Manager - Social Media & Content Marketing Air Canada Vacations
- Discover the benefits and risks of modern abuse prevention approaches and even get a comprehensive comparison of machine learning and traditional fraud prevention approaches
- Learn why all machine learning systems are not created equal
- Go behind the buzzword to learn how machine learning actually works to elevate red flags, predict user behavior, and analyze data to provide insights on not only bad users but also good user trends
Kevin Lee Trust and Safety Architect Sift Science
- Communicating the richness of the product and getting buy-in from your customers
- The role of airlines in providing an end-to-end customer journey experience
Keith Wallis Director - Global Product Distribution Air Canada
- A Cathay Pacific Case Study: The use of technology to engage the customer and heighten the customer experience
- The use of VR in your current marketing & advertising strategy
- How can you enhance and navigate the in-flight experience?
Robecta Ma VP - Marketing Cathay Pacific Airways
The Far from Perfect Travel Journey: Successfully Pioneer the Use of Data and Technology to Improve the Customer Experience and Drive Loyalty
- Adopting a digital-first approach to your data capture strategy
- Learn to ascertain a richer picture of each of your customers by developing a comprehensive data strategy - how can you drive loyalty in your business?
- Measure customer behaviours across multiple devices to build an accurate reflection of consumer activity, media consumption, path-to-purchase and more.
Christine Kettmer Senior Director - Customer Experience & Innovation Marriott
Siobhan Mitchell Director - Loyalty Marketing, Marketing & Sales Accor
Biby Notten Senior Area Marketing Manager Viceroy Hotel Group
- What is the impact of a changing device and data landscape on product and partnerships?
- Data dating - How do you sift through the painful flings and find beneficial committed data partners?
- How can organizations manage strategic partnerships and successfully develop new ones?
- What is the role of the agency model in the current climate and what kind of partnerships does that involve? What is the role of the agent in providing this complete customer experience?
Emre Mangir CCO Mozio
Susan Black CCO CIE Tours
Jeffrey Lavender SVP - Corporate Development & Contact Centers Chairman Avoya Travel
- Customer engagement and retention
- Operational efficiencies
- Brand differentiation
Jeff Doane SVP - Sales & Marketing North and Central America Accor Hotels
Amir Amidi Managing Partner - Travel & Hospitality Center of Innovation Plug & Play Tech Center
With 980 million monthly active users worldwide, WeChat have become an important way of life for many around the world. Learn about:
- What the different data points are of Chinese travellers
- What does the WeChat ecosystem look like, and how can you use the platform to maximize communication and engage?
- How your brand can leverage the app to reach Chinese travelers, and the ways brands can use the platforms for advertising
Kimberly Lee Senior Marketing Manager Tencent International Business Group
- Understanding key optimization levers in marketing campaigns
- How to improve marketing language using data science
- How travel/hospitality companies can use cutting edge NLP techniques to optimize their marketing language and significantly improve marketing ROI
Pavan Korada VP - Data Science Zeta Global
- Eran will deliver a brief presentation on Splitty’s journey the past year, some of the opportunities and milestones Splitty have reached since the awards in 2017, as well as the importance of innovation in travel.
Eran Shust CEO Splitty Travel
- Driving a mobile-first mindset and ensure cross device marketing
- A frictionless mobile experience which remove barriers and increases conversion - how can you ensure a seamless process, personalized engagement and most importantly an ecosystem which enables this?
- User experience is key: putting the customer first when it comes to user experience design and process decisions
- Multi-screen opportunities to optimise your revenue streams and drive loyalty
Brooks Martin Senior Director Mobile & Digital Guest Experience Marriott
Misael Leon Lead Product Designer Nearsoft
- An update on macro trends on potential travelers from China - what does the TAM (total addressable market and spending power) picture look like?
- The spending mix for Chinese travelers as a % of total by category - How can you tailor your service offerings?
- Key players who own the customer channels in China - i.e. Ctrip, Alibaba, Priceline. How are they positioned and what are the partnership opportunities available?
James Lee Managing Director Mizuho Securities
Utilize Data to Curate a Seamless Travel Experience to Drive the Customer Journey - Pre, During and Post Trip
- Create a narrative for your traveller and utilise customer data to inform decisions
- Ensure your content is relevant and personalized - utilising behaviour patterns to identify preferences, not just at the segment level
- Offering ancillary products at various touchpoints
Angel Llull Mancas Senior Director - North America Booking.com
Krista Pappas Vice President Lola
Niklas Rehmert Chief Revenue Officer Splyt
- Airlines zooming out of the narrow customer journey of going from point A to point B - how can they provide the complete customer experience?
- The value co-creation/co-production economy and the blurring boundary between airline and customer
- Blending human service with technology to deliver a new realm of travel experience
Akira Mitsumasu VP Products & Services Planning Japan Airlines
- Capitalize on emerging technologies to utilize the vast amounts of customer data - how can you quickly query your data to personalize?
- The role of chatbots to service the customer - measuring the success of your bot through engagement levels, sentiment analysis, response rates, and more
- The integration of chatbots into your existing strategy - for attracting customers, a separate marketing channel, traffic channel, and a sales channel
- Adopting efficiencies to enhance marketing efforts - how can you use machine learning as a vehicle for prospecting?
Utpal Kaul Head of Product - New Product Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Maryna Shumaieva Co-Founder & CTO CruiseBe.com
- The Power of Social: How can you build your brand by creating viral content
- The recipe to go viral on social media and pay for only 7% of your traffic
David Armstrong CEO Holiday Pirates