2016 Program & Speakers Now Announced!
The 2016 program and speakers continues to be researched but here is a preview below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with speaker suggestions or enquiries.
To view the program for EyeforTravel's Startup Village on March 14th which is co-located with the conference click here.
Please check back soonfor further exciting 2016 updates!
7.30 - 8.30am Networking Coffee
Day One - Monday March 14th
Position Mobile For Success Within Your Digital Strategy
In this insightful session top hoteliers explore:-
- What are some of the barriers preventing travel and hospitality brands delivering a seamless mobile experience? How can they be overcome?
- Are mobile bookings poised to overtake desktop bookings or is this wishful thinking? Will Desktop bookings ever actually disappear or will it still remain a solid base for digital transactions?
- Pinpoint what exactly is holding back consumers from committing to purchasing travel on mobile and understand how key issues such as checkout/payment security can finally convince users to buy
- Explore where travel companies should focus their attention and if booking numbers is a truly representative method for determining budget allocation
Kristie Goshow, SVP Commercial, Viceroy Hotel Group
Mariana Cavalcanti, VP Digital Experience, Marriott International
Brooks Martin, Snr. Director Mobile & Digital Guest Experience, Marriott International
Alex Zoghlin, Chief Digital Officer, Hyatt Hotels
Networking Coffee Break
Is content the most powerful tool in the battle to influence and win increasingly fickle customers?
- Discover how content can be used to inspire, create trust and radically influence behaviour
- What does your content say about your brand? How can we use content marketing to sell experiences and not commodities?
- Explore the role of different content types plus how to integrate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Budget for success – don’t fall at the last hurdle, ensure your content delivers ROI
Travis Katz, CEO, Gogobot
Jamie Cole, VP Digital & eCommerce, Mandarin Oriental
Sarah Roos-Essl, Head of Travel, Twitter
Robert Patterson, VP Content, Inside Out Media
Learn the Secrets to Success - Quiz Top Online Travel Entrepreneurs
Meet the entrepreneurs who have succeeded in the cut throat online travel space. Quiz them on what they feel their secrets to success were.
The session will include spotlights on:
- Top tips to securing investment
- How to analyze if there is really demand for your product/service
- How to recruit the best team
- Do you need a mentor?
- Hear the top start-up mistakes to avoid
Meet the Investors
Take the opportunity to quiz key investors on what they look for in a travel startup. What are the ways in which you should/shouldn't go about asking for money?
Saad Siddiqui, Senior Research Analyst, Edgewood Management LLC
Nancy Hayes, Managing Director, Golden Seeds
Abrar Ahmad, Partner, Travel Capitalist Ventures
Jared Kopf, Independent Investor
Networking Lunch Break
Deliberate what to include in App, how to position it and how to balance providing information for consumers vs. selling to them - keeping usage rates up and uninstalls low
Shashank Nigam, CEO, SimpliFlying
Tim Judkins, Director, Mobile App Development, Hilton Worldwide
Your customers are reaching out to your brand via social media more than ever before. But are you ready to respond at scale, keeping every interaction human?
Build a Social Media for Customer Care Strategy for Success
- Explore the key barriers to offering an exceptional customer experience via social media. Do you have the right tools & staff in place to listen to your customers ontheir channel of choice?
- Balance the need to reduce customer response time with providing intelligent, accurate responses in line with your brand
- Understand the importance of real-time social media listening to shape positive conversations about your brand
- Learn how to ensure important data insights are delivered to the right department
- Establish meaningful KPIs for your customer care strategy
Jonathan Pierce, Director of Social Media, American Airlines
Nick Ayres,Global Director, Social Marketing, IHG
Paul Johns, Chief Marketing Officer, Conversocial
12 finalists present their 10 minute pitches to the judges, investors and audience
Matt Zito, Managing Partner, Travel Startups Incubator LLC
Kevin McLaughlin, Founder & CEO, Ticket Project
Understand key advances and opportunities to target customers on the move
Brooke Riley, Account Executive Travel, Google
How do you build a peer-to-peer self-service community around your brand where people are willing to answer others and act as brand ambassadors? What are the pros and cons of this approach?Speaker name TBC
Networking Coffee Break
The lucky top 3 finalists per category pitch why they should win –
- Best Mobile Travel App
- Best Mobile Travel User Experience
- Best Mobile Solution
Enter your brand before Dec 18th to be in with a chance to win!
Learn how to ensure quality user generated content that’s a great fit with your brand
Krista Parry, SVP Partnerships & Media, Powdr Entreprises
Paul Buckley, Head of Social Media, Aer Lingus (tbc)
Jared Zech, Director of Marketing, Royal Caribbean International
Networking Drinks Break
Relax over a drink with your industry peers after an info-packed first day!
Don't miss the chance to join us!
For full information on prices and registration visit this link
7.30 - 8.45 Networking Coffee
Day Two - Tuesday March 15th
The Great Mobile App Debate: Mobile Apps vs. Mobile Web – Who’s won the war?
In this session, we give you the low down on the true value of apps versus the alternatives to establish if you really have the right mobile strategy for your brand. Plus, what that strategy should look like in the future.
- Is it true that consumers interact better with apps? Do they really work to drive loyalty?
- Is there a need for diversified apps or consolidation?
- What are the pros and cons of app versus mobile web? Is there middle ground – eg. hybrid options?
Fabiola Carcamo, VP of Mobile, Priceline
Christine Warner, Head of Travel, Facebook
Networking Coffee Break
The Future of the Connected Traveler - From IoT’s to Wearables: Get the Low Down on Where You Should Invest Your Valuable Time and Resources
Smart technology is enhancing the travel experience providing exciting opportunities to engage consumers, reduce friction, drive loyalty and ultimately win sales. In this session we: -
- Explore what technology is fundamental to improving the consumer’s experience of your brand vs. what is simply ammunition for a quick PR win
- Avoid the pitfalls - Learn from those who have gone before you
- Future-proof your brand - Understand what exciting new opportunities an intelligently connected experience presents
Joshua Sloser, VP Digital Product & Innovation, Hilton Worldwide
Manoj Jasra, Head of Digital, WestJet
Networking Lunch Break
Explore how effective personalised communications can be achieved across multiple platforms, allowing for seamless communications with guests from trip inception to completionSpeaker name TBC
How did popular Starwood luxury brand, Le Méridien use Instagram to take consumers on a visual journey of the world’s most alluring destinations to drive inspiration and engagement?
George Fleck, VP Global Brand Marketing, Starwood Hotels
Stage 1: On the Ground: Explore key Innovations in Bus, Car Rental and Taxi and P2P Car Providers
After years of inertia, the car industry is seeing unprecedented change. Explore how technology and exciting partnerships are providing a connected, frictionless passenger experience
David Baga, Chief Business Officer, Lyft
Josh Gotthelf, CMO, Carma
As App-stores around the world are flooded with companies who only have a mobile platform, is this the future of commerce and customer interactions? What can we learn from them?
Amanda Richardson, VP Product, HotelTonight
Programmatic advertising is growing 30% each year. What are the advantages and pitfalls?
Álvaro Martínez, Head of E-Business, LATAM Airlines Group
Beacon technology, self-service and increased use of mobile options are not only revolutionising the passenger experience but also serving to drives revenues both pre-flight and during flight. How can airlines and airports work together to deliver a first class seamless passenger travel experience? Can data issues be overcome?
Michael Childers, Chief Consultant, Content and Media Strategy, Lufthansa SystemsJoe Leader, CEO, APEX (Airline Passenger Experience Association)
Networking Coffee Break
Explore how mobile is enabling a personalized, hassle free business travel experience.
Sandy Schadler, VP Marketing, Travelink AMEX
Understand how Orbitz’ new loyalty program drives customer acquisition, engagement and retention in a customer-first world.
Sarah Butterfass, VP Loyalty, Orbitz Worldwide
Keyless check-in and mobile payments are just some of the smart features being adopted by some of the world’s savviest hotel groups. Hear how to achieve boardroom buy-in and overcome system fragmentation to deliver a five star customer experience.
Julie Hoffmann, Executive Director, Digital & Consumer Experience, MGM Resorts International
Get to grips with the data behind your mobile interactions. Analyze user behavior, including download, usage and uninstall rates, and how this information can be transferred upstream to improve App and mobile offerings
Speaker name TBC
Harness Social Media Data to Increase Customer Engagement & Loyalty
Personalization is more than just a buzz word. Your customers are revealing insightful information via social media but how can you use it?
- Hear ideas on how to use social media insights to surprise and delight your customers (without being creepy!)
- Learn how to use big data to provide offers that are relevant and personal and focused to a specific individual
- Understand how to combine structured and unstructured data to unleash the full potential of your data
- Re-Targeting strategies – learn how to reactivate ‘dormant’ customers. Overcome data challenges.
The restaurants, tours and activities sector is a hot bed of innovation. Now that the inventory is now finally in comprehensive databases, find out how to capitalize on the opportunity to give customers what they want when they want it.
Alex Kremer, Co-Founder, Actourex
Christian Watts, CEO, City Sightseeing
Ken Frohling, VP Business Development, Viator by TripAdvisor