Day OneDay TwoLunchtime Roundtables
|Day 1, March 18th, 8.45am start
|8.45-10.30 Opening Keynote: Pro-actively Prepare for the Next Phase in the Evolution of Mobile, Social and the Traveler of Tomorrow
|How can you capitalize on the enormous and ever-growing influence that social media and mobile continue to exert on the travel industry and its customer? With over 70% of Americans now using social media to make purchasing decisions and 36.7 million US mobile users expected to book travel on their devices by 2016, the stakes couldn’t be higher, or more lucrative. This session will deep-dive into bleeding edge customer trends, behaviors and offer expert insights into how mobile and social will continue to transform how travel brands can drive more meaningful and profitable bonds with their customers.
- How are mobile and social media fundamentally changing the way consumers look, book, experience and share their travel experience-What new threats and opportunities does this create for the travel and hospitality industry?
- Maximize conversions and loyalty; Discover the key drivers and key influencers of booking behavior along the path to travel purchase and beyond
- Is life-long loyalty really achievable in today’s increasingly promiscuous, price-sensitive and deal-driven online world?
- Understand how best to diversify and adapt your customer strategy to match disparate device, platform and behavioral engagement preferences
- What are the ‘Next Big Things’ on the horizon and how will they impact the way we engage, influence, market, service and sell to our customers in 2013 and beyond?
- Which emerging customer trends, growth opportunities and technologies will pop and which will fizzle? Know where to intelligently invest for maximum traction, impact and ROI
Vivek Wagle, Director of Creative Marketing, Airbnb
Naaz Nichols, Social CRM Director, Travelocity
Alyssa Waxenberg, Snr Director Emerging Platforms, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Eric Petersen, Head of New Media, Caesars Entertainment
Will Pinnell, Director of Mobile Strategy & Travel Solutions, Tripcase
|10.30-11.00 Networking Coffee Break
|Social Media Travel
|11.00-12.30 Get the Basics right! Re-Evaluate Your Core Facebook & Twitter Customer Engagement Strategies
||11-12.30 Deep-Dive into The Very Latest Mobile Trends, Technologies and Traveler Behaviors
Marco Toscano,Sr. Manager Customer Experience, Frontier Airlines
- Facebook and Twitter still remain the most popular and effective platforms for travel brands to engage customers. But are you making the most of your Facebook & Twitter initiatives?
- Hear top tips for optimal Facebook fan page design, Competitions, games, giveaways-What works and what can go wrong? Hear top tips on what not to do.
- What works best, using a competition to increase ‘likes’ or encouraging loyal Facebook fans through rewards/incentives over the longer term?
- Hear how to use Facebook connect, social graph and other tools to boost relevance, new customer acquisition and successfully launch new products
- Effectively leverage twitter for unprecedented customer service that will win real loyalty and drastically cut costs
- Social media case study failures-why did they fail?
- Social Selling - Is it ever acceptable to sell via social media?
Nathaniel Catanio, Co-Founder, Sideways
Valerie Windsor Cahill, Social Media Manager, Aeroplan
Katie Kearsey, Social Media Manager, Liftopia
|More than 45 % of travellers are now browsing for travel on mobile devices and 15% are actually booking. Understand how this unstoppable force is irreversibly changing how consumers find, buy, experience and review your brand-and what lucrative opportunities it creates over the humble PC.
- Get inside the mind of your Mobile Customer - Hear bleeding-edge mobile trends, emerging technologies and the latest consumer behaviors
- Understand what really influences customer responsiveness to mobile communications, media and advertising Vs. traditional channels
- Know where to invest! Learn which devices & platforms are most popular amongst your target markets and how this will evolve as the battle for mindshare heats up
- Differentiate and adapt your strategy to maximize uptake, conversions and ROI with mobile vs tablet users
- How can your mobile products and services be customized to different customer sets, your specific business model and wider commercial strategy?
- Hear expert predictions on the next wave of mobile innovation from this esteemed panel of mobile leaders;
Max Starkov, President & CEO,HeBS digital
Adam Goldstein, Co-Founder, Hipmunk
Brian Nowak, VP, Nomura Securities International
Travis Katz, Founder & CEO, Gogobot
Dan Kimball, CMO, Kontagent
|12.30-2.00 Networking Lunch Break
|2.00-2.45 Take the Time, Complexity and Stress Out of Social Media ROI (Advanced session)
||2.00-3.00 Capitalize on Powerful Customer Engagement Technologies
|With the ever- increasing deluge of social data and tracking tools showing no signs of slowing, justifying clear and abundant ROI is becoming an increasingly complex, frustrating and time-consuming challenge. This session will uncover the most useful benchmarks, tools and best-practices to save you time, consolidate reporting and help you work smarter, not harder to measure and maximize bang for your buck!
Barbara Pezzi, Director of Analytics & Search Optimization, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Cut through the complexity; which are the most meaningful sources, metrics and KPIs you need to be measuring?
- Link social marketing metrics with booking data to clearly track and attribute ROI-How this be synthesized and easily distributed across the company?
- Learn how guest reviews can be used to optimize pricing and financial performance
- Hear a comprehensive, unbiased analysis of the latest and greatest free vs. paid-for social media analytics tools
- What are the pros and cons outsourcing social media vs. developing in-house competencies?
- Discover the commercial potential of NFC for travel and assess how best to invest in this nascent but powerful and game-changing technology
- Case Study: Harness mobile payment systems to create profitable, seamless and frictionless on-trip revenue
- Hear how Airports and Airlines are already harnessing tech for passenger tracking and flow management, real-time alerts, AR and interactive signage, merchandising and airport parking RM
- Cash-in on enormous and untapped new revenue opportunities at every possible phase of the travel journey with smart merchandizing
- Learn how airlines are adopting wireless technology to provide unprecedented entertainment and service to their passengers
Ricky Heath, Head of Travel & Transportation Practice, AT&T
Nathan Clapton, VP Mobile, Partnerships, TripAdvisor
Sanjay Wahi, VP Product Management and Analytics, Nor1
|Rolling Networking Coffee Break from 3.00-4.00
|2.45-3.30 Re-Assess the Impact of Social Media on your Online Visibility and Search Strategy
||3.00-5.00 Mobile Innovator Awards Showcase
|50% of direct bookings were reported to have been generated originally by social media in 2012. But accurate attribution remains a very dark art and search engine algorithms continue to morph and grow ever more complex.
Carolyn Johnson, Senior Media Solutions Lead, Social,Google Inc
- De-mystify the social search enigma and understand how search engine algorithms are utilizing more social data and user content to produce more intelligent and semantic results
- Learn the latest white-hat techniques and best-practices to maximize your search exposure and ranking
- Get fully up-to-speed on the latest developments with Google + and penguin and understand how this can impact your brand other than for SEO
Anil Aggarwal, CEO, Milestone Internet Marketing
What lessons can be gleaned from these pioneers who are paving the way for mobile innovation, customer adoption and revenue generation?
The lucky finalists were -
Best Western International
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
|4.00- 5.00 Capitalize on The Future of Content, Reviews and Influencer Marketing
|A monumental shift in consumer marketing is taking place. Travel consumers have lost trust in brand marketing and are instead turning to friends, family and 3rd parties for recommendations, reviews and brand/product insights. This consumer pivot has led to the increased importance for marketers to understand and implement influencer marketing programs to generate trusted word of mouth. From moderating and responding to consumer reviews to blogger and influencer outreach programs, word of mouth is the new marketing currency.
Robert Patterson, Vice President of Social Media & Influencer Marketing, MMGY Global
- Get inside your customer’s heads: Understand and harness the power of online reviews in driving purchase decisions and building brand trust
- Hear the pros and cons of focusing on online reviews and discuss new technologies for making measurement easier than ever before
- Implement review transparency as a powerful competitive weapon to differentiate your brand, maximize conversions and boost loyalty
- Learn how guest satisfaction data can be used alongside competitor rates to make better pricing decisions
- Evaluate the effectiveness and marketing ROI of leveraging highly influential bloggers to boost your reach, content quality and audience engagement
Michael Tucci, Brand Partnerships, Klout
Kyle Duffy, Vice President Global Accounts Revinate
Jen O'Neal, Founder & CEO, Tripping
Ross Borden, Founder & CEO,Matador Network
|Don’t forget to stay for the Networking Drinks Party 5.00-7.00! [End of Day 1]
Day OneDay TwoLunchtime RoundtablesBack To Top
|Day 2, March 19th, 9am start
|9.00-10.30 Keynote: Industry Titans Show Their Cards and Debate the Future of Social Business
|Get fully up to speed with the latest developments from the superpowers of social media-What impact will this have on your customers and how should you adapt your strategy to capitalize?
With Facebook acquiring Instagram, Google buying out Zagat, Wildfire and Frommers and Apple planting their flag with iTravel, we have assembled the who’s who of the social media landscape to reveal what lies ahead and what predictions they foresee for the next 12 months in the digital world.
Lee McCabe, Head of Travel Global Vertical Marketing, Facebook
Carolyn Johnson, Senior Media Solutions Lead- Social, Google
Ilya Abyzov, GM, Uber
Dennis Owen, VP of Marketing, Americas, Cathay Pacific Airways
Dan Greene, Director US Online Sales & Operations, Twitter
|10.30-11.00 Networking Coffee Break
|Social Media Track
|11.00-12.15 Discover How to Leverage New Social Channels for Maximum Impact & ROI
||11.00-12.15 Drive Real Customer Engagement and ROI with your Mobile Campaigns
|With the dizzying array of existing social platforms and new ‘Facebook Contenders’ emerging daily, it’s vital that you make the right social investment decisions and ensure your valuable time and resources are directed to the right areas to achieve social success for your brand. Moving beyond Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, this session will explore how innovative travel brands are engaging and converting customers on channels like Pinterest, Instagram and Google +
Stephanie Scott, Social Media Specialist, American Airlines
- Which channels are most suited to your brand and ideal demographic?
- Pinterest is projected to account for 40% of socially driven purchases in 2012; How can travel brands capitalize?
Discover how engagement, activity and conversion rates differ from one channel to another
- Gain a comprehensive cross-comparison of ROI and cost per acquisition across your social set
- Hear step-by-step advice on how to run successful competitions, giveaways, product launch and more across specific social media platforms
Dan Marcec, Head Travel Analyst, eMarketer, Inc
Kate Duffy, Social Media Manager, Canadian Tourism Commission
Mo Sherifdeen, Director Digital Brand Strategy & Publishing, Travel Oregon
|With mobile hotel booking rates poised to overtake pc bookings and even mobile flight booking reaching 15% of overall bookings, the case for mobile ROI is clear. And yet effectively measuring, improving and maximizing mobile ROI proves elusive to all but the savviest travel brands. We gather the foremost experts from the most profitable mobile brands in travel to bridge this knowledge gap and give you the intelligence, know-how and tools to take home and revolutionize your mobile revenue strategy.
- Do your mobile products have to be sexy or just plain useful to profitably engage with travellers?
- Great product and user experience, but is it making you any money? Discover the most lucrative mobile revenue models that you can implement and monetize
- Best-practices to measure and maximize mobile revenues to ensure that ROI is clear and abundant
- Maximize total revenue per consumer with inspired on-trip ancillary products and services that target bored and high-intent consumers on the go
Jim Abramson, Sr Director, Mobile/Digital Product Management, Marriott International
Neha Khanna, Mobile & Travel Expert, Google Inc
Puneet Mehta, CEO, MyCityWay
Brendon Schenecker, CEO, Travel Vegas
|12.15- 2.00 Networking Lunch Break
|2.00-3.00 Discover the Secrets of Successful Social Media Integration
||2.00-3.30 Proven Industry Case-Studies To Win Big with Mobile, Whatever Your Business, Brand or Budget!
|Despite a whopping 65% of US travel brands claiming to have increased spend in social media strategy in 2012, the overwhelming majority also admitted confusion and/or inability to effectively integrate and manage this strategy across existing corporate structure, culture and subsidiaries. The result? Internal conflicts, brand inconsistency, inefficiency, missed revenue opportunities and far worse.. We have brought together experts from the most admired and sophisticated social brands to reveal their secrets for building a seamless, unique brand experience across all customer touch points, channels and internal structures.
- Where to start? Design and build-in a winning holistic social media strategy for any business size; What are the common pitfalls and how can you avoid them?
- Understand how organizations big and small are successfully adopting the ‘Hub and Spoke’ strategy across different teams, regions and disciplines
- Hear best-practice strategies for ensuring that a consistent social media culture is instilled throughout your organization
- Strike the right balance between corporate accountability Vs creative autonomy by developing companywide benchmarks and protocols
- Who should take ultimate ownership of social media strategies and initiatives? How will this affect ‘business as usual’?
- Learn how to best attract, train, nurture and retain social media talent within your business
- How will social media positions break through the management ceiling?
Fiona Goldstein, Senior Brand Manager, Digital + Social Marketing, Thompson Hotels
Taylor Cole, Director of PR & Social Media, Hotels.com
Marissa Christoffel, Director of CRM, Jetsetter
Jill Fletcher, Director of Social Media, Virgin America (now at Mercury LLC)
|Case-study 1: How to create the perfect mobile booking experience, website and app for your brand and customers
Understand how to optimize the mobile purchase funnel and booking experience for maximum conversions
Align your particular business model and mobile goal with your target market and budget
Gain practical, proven best-practices to research, plan, launch, track and tweak your mobile campaigns
Chris Brown, Vice President of Mobile, Orbitz Worldwide
Case study 2: Use mobile technology to deliver unrivalled customer service and a mobile product that consumers love
- Leverage customer data, geo-location and mobile payment to deliver a slick mobile product
- Drive real love, revenue and long-term loyalty for your brand
Joost Schreve, General Manager, TripAdvisor City Guides
Case study 3: How do Air Canada use Mobile to add value to the customer experience and cut costs?
- Find out why did Air Canada choose to use an MEAP rather than Native app approach?
- Understand where mobile can add value throughout the customer experience
- What do Air Canada see the future of mobile to be?
Louise Lanoix, Manager Customer Experience & Innovations, Air Canada
End of mobile track, please join the closing session in the social media room.
|3.00-4.00 Capitalize on Social Data to Drive Greater Personalization, Relevance and Loyalty
|Today’s traveller is time-starved, uber savvy and still highly price-sensitive. Brands that fail to harness and utilize the vast amounts of customer data generated on social media sites will see their hard-earned customers of yesteryear fall prey to their competitors. Discover how intelligent data analysis can be the ultimate competitive weapon to set your brand above the clutter and develop closer, longer and more profitable relationships with customers old and new.
- Understand the commercial benefits of Big Data and how customer intelligence can be used to identify, target and acquire high value customers time and time again
- Separate the wheat from the chaff: Learn how to make sense of the customer data deluge generated by social media
- Learn how to effectively leverage qualitative user reviews and content to create highly differentiated products and relevant offerings at optimal price points
- Geo-target and personalize relevant offers to customers like never before to build real love and loyalty for your brand
- Learn where to draw the line between customizing customer offerings and infringing on personal privacy and pushing customer away
- As the quality of Facebook data deteriorates-What are some smaller platforms that are producing more meaningful information and analytics?
Jamie Davidson, VP Product, HotelTonight
Tristan Gatsby Mace, Co-Founder, Want Me Get Me
Ryan Gibson, VP Marketing, RKG
Day OneDay TwoLunchtime RoundtablesBack To Top
||Go Beyond Facebook & Twitter – Analyze What the Many Other Social Media Sites Such as Google+, Pinterest etc Can Do For Your Brand
||Discover How to Integrate Social Media Successfully Right Across Your Company
||Discuss highlights from a new study from Econsultancy, sponsored by Kontagent:
Measuring Mobile ROI: Part One
- While most companies are rushing into mobile, more than two-thirds of companies do not
have a defined way to determine if the mobile experiences they’re creating are truly effective.
- Only a third actually track and report specific performance of their must-have apps.
||How Much Do You Need to Invest in Mobile to Make It Work For Your Brand (Time, Budget, Resources)?
||How Can Social Media Be Used to Reach Niche Groups?
||Focus on ROI – Find Out if Your Social Media Efforts are Really Working
||Monitoring Your Hotel’s Online Reputation – What Are the Best Tools?
||Spotlight on Facebook and Twitter – Get the Most Out Of Your Presence
||Understand How to Use Social CRM to Achieve Wider Business Goals
||Understand How Social Media & Mobile Converge to Drive Engagement
||Should You Outsource Social Media to An Agency or Keep It In-house?
||Mobile Marketing Communications – What Works & What Doesn’t?
||What Key Features Make A Good Mobile App & How Can You Ensure Your App It’s Downloaded?
|| Discuss highlights from a new study from Econsultancy, sponsored by Kontagent:
- Understand how key mobile trends might be impacting your business and solutions that your company can put into play now
||The Next Generation of Travelers: The Freehand Case Study, sponsored by Sideways:
Millennials are set to be the largest consumer generation in history - are you prepared to meet the needs of this demographic force?
Day OneDay TwoLunchtime RoundtablesBack To Top
| Register Now Click Here
See the Full
Summit Brochure &
Speaker Roster Click Here
Mobile Strategies for Travel 2013
| Group Booking Attend as a group and
Here's what past attendees have to say about our conferences
I enjoyed the conference in 2010 so much that I couldn't wait for this year's. I went back home full of great ideas, enthusiasm and a renewed focus.
Andrew Hannan, Marketing Manager, ACP Rail International
Impressive line-up of speakers and topics!
Christine Beuchert, Senior Director - Marketing, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
I have attended the conference for the past 3 years and this one was also productive, educational and fun.
Carlos Gomez, Director - Internet Marketing, International Hospitality Enterprises
The reason why I am a repeat attendee is that I get to hear substantial insight into the latest trends and projections. This year's conference did not disappoint.
Jordan Joanou, Director Revenue - Management, Castle Resorts & Hotels
Just tremendous! Where else will you get experts across the board involved in so many strategies discussing so many important topics?
Mark Johnston, VP Data Strategy & Analytics, MMG Worldwide
The content sessions were excellent. Presentations were on the whole very well prepared and interesting. Good job!
Stacey Pear, Senior Account Executive, Yahoo
Highly recommend the EyeforTravel conference for not only revenue management/distribution but for those decision makers driving marketing strategies for their travel business!
Sherri Weeks, General Manager, ResorTime.com
Like every year (this is my 4th) the event is full of very interesting and compelling content.
Humberto Zugasti, Ecommerce Manager, Resort Condominiums International de Mexico
Great venue, great environment, great people, great presenters! Lots of sharing and learning the good practices of the industry. Simply a great event!
Pablo Pavon, Flight Analyst, LAN Airlines
TDS provides a very well rounded view of the travel industry from all sides; airlines, hotels and vendors discuss common issues.
George Bryan, Manager - Distribution Strategy, WestJet
I'm picky about industry conferences. As a first time attendee, my expectations were modest. The conference totally exceeded my expectations. I'm coming away with a wealth of new knowledge and actionable information that will make my efforts over the nest months far more effective than they otherwise would be. Thank you!
Teresa Matsui Sanders, President, Innworks
Informed speakers, great information.
Kim Kane, Revenue & Reservation Director, South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
Great insights from the people that are shaping the industry landscape right now.
Camilo Arango, Projects Manager Commercial Systems, LAN Airlines
I'm new to the travel industry and found the TDS event an excellent way to tap into the core issues in the industry.
Michael Glenn, Vice President - Technology, TargetVacations.ca
Good event to hear the latest on RM, Distribution and Ancillary Revenue Trends.
Kent D. Craver, Director - Passenger Satisfaction & Revenue, The Boeing Company
Found the content to be very relevant to our current business challenges.
Steven Combs, Director - Revenue Management, Grand America Hotels & Resorts
An excellent conference, interesting and dynamic discussions, useful networking and well organised. Thank you, keep it up!
Jacqueline Cable, Affiliate Sales Manager, Priceline.com/Booking.com
I was very happy with the event and was engaged throughout. Always something exciting being talked about.
Timothy Muttitt, eCommerce Product Strategy, American Airlines
Chock full of knowledge that will inspire, educate and impact our business in the upcoming year. Thank you!
Lau Ardelean, VP Creative Services, Tripalertz.com
First time at EyeforTravel USA. Interesting and informative sessions.
Wilma J. Sykes, Director - Strategic Accounts, Expedia Inc.
This is my first TDS. I have thoroughly enjoyed and have learned a lot. Cannot wait for next year!
Steven Fishleigh, Rate & Channel Co-ordinator, Squaw Valley USA
| Media Partners