9:00 - 11:00 Session 1: Keynote Presentations and Panel Discussion
How Has Travel Distribution Evolved in Central Eastern Europe ? Understand the Changing Relationship Between Suppliers, Intermediaries and 3rd Party Sites
- What do purchasing trends tell us about the future of travel distribution in CEE region? Which distribution model will dominate?
- Evaluate how the costs of going direct compare with the costs of selling through intermediaries.
- Who are the major players in this market and how to identify the right distribution partners for your travel product?
- As suppliers are working on increasing direct business from consumers, on what basis should they continue to work with 3rd party sites?
- What are hotels' and airlines' strategies when it comes to increasing direct sales? And how are 3rd parties reacting?
- How will the growth of online travel affect the future of the market?
- Which channels are worth investing in and what travel products have the best prospects? What are the key trends and predictions that will lead to new opportunities?
- Marcin Laskawski, Vice President, Travelplanet.pl (Poland)
- Andrew Pyner, Director of Distribution, Russia and EMEA, Expedia(UK)
- Evaldas Tylas, Managing Director, Interneto Partneris (Greitai.Lt, Flysiesta.Lv, Bookinghouse.ee) Lithuania
11:00 - 11:30Networking Coffee Break
11:30 - 13:00 Session 2: Presentations and Panel Discussion
Distribution Fragmentation: Learning to Distribute Across Distinctive CEE Markets
- What are factors that must be taken into consideration when distributing across CEE? Language? Technology? Buyer behaviour?
- Regarding all CEE markets as one region is a common mistake. Learn how to recognize and avoid pitfalls of this region which is a collection of very distinct markets linked geographically
- Applying regional distribution models and then adjusting them locally- what are the extra costs that you will incur?
- Luka Kukec, CIO, Executive Director IT and e-Business, Adriatica.net Group (Croatia)
13:00 - 14:30Networking
14:30 - 15:30Session
3: Presentations and Panel Discussion
Sector Spotlight: Airline Distribution and Marketing Strategies
- Air currently accounts for 61% of online travel bookings in CEE making it the key driver in this market. Is this trend likely to continue or will other supplier segments start to gain ground over the next 12 months?
- How are the traditional airlines developing their online strategies? What percentage of their bookings are now made online and how is this predicted to change in the future?
- How are LCCs selling to CEE customer?
- How to effectively compete with the low cost carriers without diminishing your brand or ROI?
- How can airlines increase direct sales and still ensure a profitable working partnership with intermediaries?
- With a growing online audience, what are the opportunities for airline websites to sell ancillary products to their direct customers?
- Discover how purchasing behaviour differs across CEE region. What payment options are required for different regions?
- Bjorn Brandt, International Sales Director, Malev Hungarian Airlines
15:30 - 16:00Networking Coffee Break
16:00 - 16:30Session 4: Presentations and Panel Discussion
Tour Operators and Travel Agents´ Perspective on Travel Distribution in CEE
- How have the traditional tour operators and travel agents adapted, evolved and grown?
- What % of travel is sold offline via traditional travel agents and how is this likely to change?
- Customers rely on offline market so traditional travel agencies have always been an important distribution channel in CEE. Given the fast changing travel landscape, are travel agents keeping up with the latest trends?
- Understand the importance of addressing one to one customer needs and get advice on achieving this whilst keeping costs down
- Tatiana Kyselova, CEO, Pelikan Travel (Slovenia)
16:30 - 17:00 Session
5: Presentations and Panel Discussion
How Do You Ensure Your Customers Find You Before Your Competitors Online?
- Which regional factors are important when promoting your company via
- Learn how to measure the quality of traffic driven to your site
- Search engine optimization vs PPC (pay per click) and CPA (cost per
acquisition) marketing- where to spend and how to spend
- What search engine optimization strategies work and how can you apply
effective strategies across multiple products?
- Andrew Pozniak, Industry Leader-Travel, Google
17:00- 19:00 Networking Drinks Reception
9:00 - 10:30 Session 1: Presentations and Panel Discussion
Online vs Offline- What Factors Will Define the Future Travel Distribution Landscape?
- The online market currently makes up just 12% of the total travel market in CEE countries. Do you know which offline marketing techniques work best for you? Hear professional tips that will help you to target offline markets in CEE.
- Ensure your online strategies are complementing your offline marketing campaigns.
- Consumers in CEE countries use the internet to gather information, but traditionally book offline. Is it likely to change? How are online habits evolving?
- How does the CEE online travel market differ from other regions? What challenges does e-commerce in CEE region represent?
- Ninoslav Vidovic, Director of Sales and Marketing, Maistra (Croatia)
- Niklas Andreen, Managing Director- Eastern Europe, Travelport
- Stephan Bosman, COO, Zoover International (The Netherlands)
10:30 - 11:00Networking Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:00 Session 2 Presentations and Panel Discussion
Technology spotlight: Create and Maintain Profitable Distribution Partnerships With the Latest Technology
- CEE represents one of the most fragmented markets in terms of language, currency and web-culture. Given this fragmentation, what technologies can be applied across the region?
- How do you create and manage online content in multiple languages and markets? Get tips on accurately representing your brand in a multi-lingual environment
- Which technologies enable suppliers and intermediaries to maintain mutually profitable partnerships? Hear expert suggestions for technologies that minimize cost and effort
- Consumers in CEE region remain dubious about using credit cards on the internet so online transactions are low. Hear about effective ways to build trust and encourage online sales
- Jan Doskar, Head of Business Development-Europe, Pure-Commerce Europe (UK)
- Laurent Dhaeyer, Business Development Manager, Ogone Payment Services
12:00 - 13:30 Networking
13:30 - 15:30 Session 3: Presentations and Panel Discussion
Hotel Distribution and Marketing Strategies
- How can domestic hotels compete with the international hotel chains?
- Direct vs intermediary led distribution- how can profitable partnerships with intermediaries be maintained?
- How fast are hotel online bookings growing in CEE region? What are the main opportunities and challenges?
- What new opportunities exist for independent hotels to benefit from the reach of the web? What kind of distribution and marketing opportunities can it provide and at what cost?
- Is your pricing right? How do you ensure you that you sell the right product to the roght customer at the highest possible price?
- How can hotels achieve the right selling price when accommodation is dynamically packaged?
- Michael Simon, Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Marriott Hotels( Germany )
- Radka Telyckova, Revenue & Reservations Manager, Crowne Plaza Prague Castle(Czech Republic)
- Tomasz Janczak, Business Development Manager, HotelProfit (Poland)
- Ingrida Vaicaityte, Director Revenue and Marketing, Member of Executive Committe, Europa Group Hotels (Lithuania)
15:30-16:00 Networking Coffee Break
16:00-16:30Session 4: Presentations and Panel Discussion
Understanding the Needs of CEE Travel Consumers: How to Target Travelers in CEE Region?
Each European market has its own set of distinct characteristics that makes it unique from the rest. Understanding each will help you to ensure you are spending your marketing budget on the most effective channels each country can offer, and increase your sales potential. Learn what differentiates one country from another, and develop the perfect cultural marketing mix.
- Which segments of CEE traveling population are currently researching and booking online?
- Hear expert predictions on how CEE consumers will purchase travel in the future.
- Learn what is share of online booking vs. offline in each market and for each travel product.
- Amy Scarth, Head of Research, EyeforTravel