Our Shortlist for 2018 set to Pitch on June 5th:
Why do we have EyeforTravel’s Start-Up Awards alongside EyeforTravel Europe 2019?
The Awards were first established in 2008, given the ever-growing interest in the event from entrepreneurs, investors and start-ups.
EyeforTravel Europe 2019 covers all areas of online travel, including marketing, social and mobile - all of which are key topics sparking innovation within the travel sector.
Due to the enormous number of enquiries we get from start-ups wishing to be involved with the event, we have a dedicated start-up program, complete with networking and a start-up competition!
EyeforTravel's Start-up Awards consists of a morning bootcamp featuring insightful conferences sessions with top travel entrepreneurs followed by an afternoon Start-up Awards competition (5th June 2018) during which 12 lucky travel start-ups will deliver a pitch to the judges, investors and audience present at the event.
For those simply wishing to learn more about what it takes to succeed as an online travel start-up, the day consists of some fantastic learning and networking opportunities.
The start-up village will take place at Park Plaza Victoria, London, as part of EyeforTravel Europe 2019.
It's a great opportunity to meet entrepreneurs, investors and judges comprised of experts from all walks of travel - all of whom are keen to examine which start-up has what it takes to make it in the cut throat travel industry.
To enter EyeforTravel's Startup Awards, all companies must fulfil the following general criteria for entry:
- Have started to trade no earlier than 2011.
- Have a product/service which relates to the travel & tourism industry
Stage 1: Entry Deadline: May 1st 2018Read More
Stage 1: Those wishing to enter the start-up awards must enter by May 1st 2018 to be selected to participate at the event.
Stage 2: Selection: Week of May 15th 2018Read More
Stage 2: Entrants will be notified during the week beginning May 15th 2018 if they have been selected to pitch at the event. These companies will be invited to pitch before our panel of judges and audience of investors.
Stage 3 & 4: Industry insight, pitching and networking: June 5th 2018Read More
Stage 3: Edit to read: The start-up pitches will take place on June 5th 2018 from 9am - 1pm. All participating in the start-up awards including attendees are welcome to join the main summit after lunch. The afternoon will wrap up at approx. 5.30pm where networking drinks will be held in the exhibition hall.
Stage 4: The lucky 2 finalists will get to pitch on the main stage on June 6th 2018, followed by a live audience poll to determine the winner of the EyeforTravel 2018 Start-Up Awards.
The Start-Up Pass (£595+VAT) includes:
- Opportunity to pitch your start-up to industry experts and a team of judges
- Access to all conference sessions over 2.5 days (4th, 5th and 6th)
- Access to all lunch and networking coffee breaks
- Access to our exclusive networking party
- Access to the conference networking app to pre-book meetings
NB: What happens if you enter EyeforTravel's Start-up Awards and are not successful in reaching the awards final?
We will notify you in writing during the week of April 25th. You will not be charged the £595 entry as only successful entrants will pay this fee, if you would like to attend you can attend the whole event for £795 (3 days) or just attend the start-up awards for £495 (5th June)
What does the Awards Winner Get?
The awards winner will receive:
- An exclusive interview on www.eyefortravel.com as well as continued featured contributions
- The opportunity to present and speak at the North America 2018 Summit
- Access to EyeforTravel's content library which includes access to thousands of travel brand cutting edge case studies, videos and reports
- EyeforTravel has 80,000 contacts worldwide in the global online travel industry and will work to support the winner through their growth and development
- Heavily discounted passes to future EyeforTravel events worldwide
- We don't promise investment; however, we have gathered together the right people at the event (including investors) to help your brand succeed.
What will you learn?
Packed full of insights from online travel entrepreneurs and investors, the Start-up Awards is the ideal place to meet, network and learn from those who have succeeded in the cut throat online travel industry. The full programme will soon become available.
Can I still get involved if I do not wish to pitch at the start-up awards?
Absolutely! There are two ways you can get involved:
Our 2018 judges include:
- Dick Porter, Portfolio Chairman and Investor (founder and former CEO, STA Travel)
- Brian Harniman, Managing Director, Brand New Matter Inc
- George Northcott, Co-founder, Founder’s factory
- Artjom Dashko, Investment Director, Kings Park Capital LLP
- Tom Britton, Co-founder, Syndicate Room
- Matthew Gardiner, London Director, Travel Massive
- Duncan Horton, CEO, Jacobs Media Group
- Tero Valkiala, Co-founder and CEO, Dealsign
- More judges to be confirmed soon.
This is what last years finalists said about the awards:
"EyeforTravel is a great platform to meet ambitious innovators in the Travel and Tourism industry. Winning EyeforTravel's Innovation Award in 2017 cemented our credibility in the industry and further enhanced our growing global reputation. 3 word addresses are now being displayed on thousands of Michelin starred restaurants, 3 star, 4 star and luxury hotels, and travel and city guides throughout the world - from Mongolia to London and from Tokyo to New York."- Giles Rhys Jones , CMO, What3words
"The 2017 Startup Awards were a fantastic opportunity for us to get in front of so many of the industry movers and shakers. The focus, exposure and third party validation these events bring to fast growing businesses like ours are an invaluable step, which accelerates the journey to success."- Charlie Cadbury, CCO, Lola Tech (2017 winner)